Buyers can proceed to the checkout from the item listing page after winning an auction or pressing the Buy Now button. Buy-now items can be also checked out from the Shopping Cart. Both buy-now and auction items can be checked out from buyer's My bidorbuy section.
To complete your order and make payment from within My bidorbuy section:
- Log into My bidorbuy with your username and password. On the right hand side under Purchases click on Items Bought or Won in the Past 2 Weeks or on All Items Bought or Won .
- Under the Order & Payment column, click on Complete your purchase for that order and proceed to checkout.
To complete your order and make payment from your Shopping Cart:
- Open the shopping cart.
- Remove any of the items you no longer want and proceed to checkout.
Checkout Process Step-by-Step
- Select the Quantity and Options, including any Prompts offered by the seller, and click on the Continue Checkout button.
- On the next page, select your shipping option. The shipping charges will be automatically populated. If the seller did not set up shipping options, check the listing or ask the seller a question. After establishing the shipping charges, enter the shipping amount. Check or enter your delivery address. Then click on the Continue Checkout button.
- Review your order and your delivery details and click on the Confirm your Order button to proceed to make the payment.
- On the Payment page, select a payment method by clicking on the green button next to the payment option you wish to use and complete the payment process as requested. If no payment methods are listed, contact the seller.
- For bobPay EFT payments (payments via Internet banking, including Cash Deposits using bobPay):
- Click on the green "Get EFT Instructions" button to complete payment via bobPay EFT.
- Select the bank from which you intend to make the EFT payment and then click on the Continue to get EFT Instructions button.
- Follow the instructions on this page and take note of the account details and the unique 6 digit Recipient Reference that must be used for the payment to be allocated correctly. This reference can also be used for direct deposits and cash deposits if the buyer does not have internet banking; the system will reconcile the reference to the correct order.
- Important! If the correct reference is not used, this may hamper the payment reconciliation, thus delaying your order. bidorbuy or the seller may ask you to send a proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org so the payment can be traced and allocated correctly.
- Finally, follow the link on this page to your bank's internet banking website, log in and complete the payment as you normally would when doing an EFT/Internet Banking.
- Once payment has been received, confirmed and allocated by bidorbuy, both buyer and seller will be notified via email confirmation.
Buyers are advised to use the payment options that are covered by the bidorbuy Buyer Protection Programme.
Please note: bidorbuy does not act as a trust or escrow service, nor do we offer any guarantees regarding payments and delivery.