bidorbuy may under certain circumstances issue refunds for bobPay EFT payments made on purchases (in most cases when a seller has been blacklisted and bidorbuy still holds your funds).
In order to request a refund the following procedure must be followed:
- Send an email request for a refund to email@example.com.
- Include banking details: bank name, account holder name, account number, branch code.
- Include a copy of the proof of payment.
- We also require an affidavit confirming that you have not yet received the goods (this can be obtained from SAPS or can be signed by a Commissioner of Oaths).
Please take note of the following conditions:
- A buyer may only lodge a claim 30 days from date of payment.
- While we will endeavour to refund the full amount, this may not always be possible if the seller does not have sufficient funds available in their bidorbuy account. You might not get the full amount refunded.
- Refunds will not be possible if the seller has been paid out already.
- bidorbuy will not process refunds on behalf of active sellers. The seller will have to process the refund directly to you. Unless the seller is blacklisted on the site, the seller will have to request the funds to be paid out and then do a direct refund to you.
- Refunds will not be immediate. Refunds are generally only done once a week, so delays may happen.
- Please also bear in mind that, depending on who you bank with, transfers can take up to 3 days to reflect.
- Refunds are not processed on weekends or public holidays.
Important: If a seller has requested a payout already and the funds have been transferred, if the Ssller is contactable, you would need to request a refund directly from them. If you suspect that the Seller has acted fraudulently, you will need to open a case of theft under false pretences against the seller at your local SAPS office and no refund will be processed. bidorbuy does not guarantee that a refund can and will be processed at any stage. bidorbuy reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold a refund payout for any reason whatsoever.