Buyers can proceed to the checkout from the item listing page after winning an auction or pressing the Buy Now button. Buy-now items can also be checked out from the Shopping Cart. Both buy-now and auction items can be checked out from buyer's My bidorbuy section.
To complete your order and make payment from within the My bidorbuy section:
- Log into My bidorbuy with your username and password. Under Items bought or won, click on Past 2 Weeks or on All past year.
- Click on Complete your purchase for that order and proceed to checkout.
To complete your order and make payment from your Shopping Cart:
- Open the shopping cart.
- Remove any of the items you no longer want and proceed to checkout.
Checkout process step-by-step
- Select the quantity and click on the Checkout button.
- Select options (like size and colour) if required and click Proceed.
- On the next page, select your shipping option. The shipping charges will be automatically populated. If the seller did not set up shipping options, check the listing or ask the seller a question. Check or enter your delivery address. Then click on the Proceed button.
- Review your order and your delivery details and select a payment option by clicking the round button next to the payment option you wish to use. Click on the Please select a payment option button to proceed to make the payment. If no payment methods are listed, contact the seller.
- For bobPay EFT payments (payments via Internet banking, including Cash Deposits using bobPay):
- Select the bank from which you intend to make the EFT payment and then click on the Select a bank button to get EFT instructions.
- Follow the instructions on this page and take note of the account details and the unique 6 digit Recipient Reference that must be used for the payment to be allocated correctly. This reference can also be used for direct deposits and cash deposits if you don't have internet banking; the system will reconcile the reference to the correct order.
- Important! If the correct reference is not used, this may hamper the payment reconciliation, thus delaying your order. bidorbuy or the seller may ask you to send a proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org so that the payment can be traced and allocated correctly.
- Finally, go to your bank's internet banking website, log in and complete the payment as you normally would when doing an EFT/Internet Banking.
- Once payment has been received, confirmed and allocated by bidorbuy, both buyer and seller will be notified via email confirmation.
Buyers are advised to use the payment options that are covered by the bidorbuy Buyer protection programme.
Please note: bidorbuy does not act as a trust or escrow service, nor do we offer any guarantees regarding payments and delivery.