bidorbuy charges a category-based success fee (up to a maximum of R5,000 excl. VAT per item), as well as a final order value fee.|
A success fee is charged on the sale value of the item sold on bidorbuy. Success fees vary depending on the category where the item is listed.
The success fee is 8.75% excluding VAT, or 10.06% including VAT for the following categories:
The success fee is 7.25% excluding VAT, or 8.34% including VAT for the following categories:
- Antiques & Collectables
- Books & Education
- Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
- Garden, Patio & Pets
- Gemstones & Rocks
- Gift Vouchers & Coupons
- Holistic & Esoteric
- Jewellery & Watches
- Sport & Leisure
- Toys & Hobbies
- Travel & Entertainment
- X- Rated Adult Material
The success fee is 5.75% excluding VAT, or 6.61% including VAT for the following categories:
- Automotive: Motorcycles, Boats & Other Vehicles and Car Parts & Accessories
- Business, Farming & Industry
- Health & Beauty
- Home & Living
The success fee is 2.5% excluding VAT, or 2.88% including VAT for the following categories:
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Coins & Notes
- Computers & Networking
- Movies & Television
- Music & Instruments
- Photo & Video
The final order value fee is charged on the difference between the sale value of an item and the final order value (including shipping, insurance, and any other payments made by the buyer). The final order value fee is based on the lowest category success fee, which is currently 5.75% excluding VAT.
Example 1: An item is sold for R1,000 in the Music & Instruments category.
- Music & Instruments success fee is 5.75% + VAT, which comes to 6.61%.
- Success fee = 6.61% of R1,000, which amounts to R66.10 including VAT.
- The buyer makes a payment that totals R1,120.
- The 5.75% + VAT final order value fee is applied to R120 (the difference between the sales amount of R1,000 and the total amount paid of R1,120).
- Final order value fee = 6.61% of R120 amounts to R7.93
- Total fees paid to bidorbuy on the final order amount of R1,120 = R66.10+ R7.93 = R74.03 including VAT
Example 2: An item is sold for R45 in the Home & Living Category. The buyer purchases a quantity of 3 of the same item, bringing the sales value to R135.
- Home & Living success fee is 7.25% + VAT, which comes to 8.34%.
- Success fee = 8.34% of R135 amounts to R11.26 including VAT.
- The buyer pays R220 in total.
- The 5.75% + VAT final order value fee is applied to R85 (the difference between the sales amount of R135 and the total amount paid of R220).
- Final order value fee = 6.61% of R85 amounts to R5.62 including VAT.
- Total fees paid to bidorbuy on the final order value of R220 = R11.26 + R5.62 = R16.88.
If a buyer does not pay for a purchase, seller can apply to have the success fee and, in some cases, the final order value fee credited back to their accounts. Learn how to file a sale not complete (SNC) request and claim your success fees.