Buyers can pay with bitcoins for products that have bitcoins listed as a payment option. Sellers can accept bitcoins by activating this payment option. It is recommended that Sellers offer multiple payment options.
How it works
- Buyers with bitcoins, shop for products from sellers who offer bitcoin as a payment option.
- Buyers make a purchase and proceed through checkout, choosing bitcoin as their payment method.
- Sellers will then receive the bitcoin payment into their bidorbuy account. bidorbuy automatically converts bitcoin into South African Rand and then credits the full Rand amount to the seller’s bidorbuy account. Sellers do not require a bitcoin wallet to accept this payment option and there is no charge-back risk.
How do I pay for items on bidorbuy using bitcoin?
Sellers have the ability to turn this facility on and off, so not all items will include bitcoins as a payment option. All sellers can opt to accept bitcoins.
Step 1: Check that the item you wish to buy accepts bitcoin. You can do this by one of the following methods: when browsing or searching for items, use the bitcoin payment option filter, or open the listing of the item you want to buy and check that the bitcoin payment method is listed.
Step 2: Proceed through checkout as you would for any other item. When you get to the payment page, select the Pay with bitcoin option.
Step 3: Enter the amount that you would like to pay with your bitcoins. You can choose to pay the full amount with your bitcoins or to make a partial payment with your bitcoin and top-up with another payment method. Please note that when making a partial payment you need to enter the amount at this step.(You may need to visit the Luno website to check your bitcoin balance).
Step 4: When you are ready, click on Pay with bitcoin. You will now have two options: to make the payment through a QR code using your smartphone, or to copy the wallet address and log into Luno to complete payment. If you log into Luno, enter your own bitcoin account in the Send from field and the unique wallet address from bidorbuy in the Send to field.
Step 5: Click on I have sent the payment and you're done. You will be re-directed back to bidorbuy to your payment confirmation page. You will then receive your payment confirmation email. Please note that any reversals of refunds will be done in Rands.
What you cannot pay with bitcoins
Bitcoin is unfortunately not available for:
- Products not set to accept bitcoin (please see Step 1 of this article)
- Orders under R10.
Who to contact for help when paying with bitcoins
Buyers, please email email@example.com if you need help placing your order with bitcoin.
Sellers, please note
- Bitcoin payment method is subject to our terms.
- With bitcoin there is no risk of charge-back.
- You will receive Rands (R) in your bidorbuy account.
- Any reversals or refunds will be done in Rands (R).
- We encourage sellers to offer bitcoin as a payment option because there is no risk and you will be reaching a large audience of new online shoppers.