Every time a buyer places an order or wins an auction a Success Fee and where applicable a Final Order Value Fee is applied to the transaction. This fee is applied for the services that bidorbuy provided leading up to, and after the sale which includes but is not limited to:
- Providing a platform where the item was advertised.
- Marketing the item.
- Introducing the seller to a willing buyer.
- Processing of payments.
In a perfect world each time a buyer places an order it will lead to payment, a successful transaction, a happy buyer and a satisfied seller. However we know that life is not perfect and sometimes buyers change their minds resulting in sales that are not completed.
For these events we have a process where a seller can apply to have the Success Fee and in some cases the Final Order Value Fee credited back to their accounts. We call this a Sale Not Complete (SNC) Credit.
Sellers can apply for SNC credits when:
- A minimum of 7 days has passed from when the item was ordered or when the auction was won.
- The buyer fails to make full payment for items ordered or auctions won.
- The buyer cancels an order due to buyers remorse or for reasons unrelated to the product or service provided by the seller.
bidorbuy will however not credit transactions when:
- More than 60 days has passed from when the item was first ordered or the auction won.
- The seller has cancelled the transaction and has not given the buyer a minimum of 7 days to pay for the item.
- The seller could not supply the item ordered due to stock issues.
- The item received by the buyer was faulty and had to be returned.
- The item ordered was not delivered to the buyer.
- The item was returned because the delivered item was not as described in the listing.
- Where at the sole discretion of bidorbuy the seller is deemed to be at fault for the transaction not being concluded.
How to file for a SNC credit:
- Log into your bidorbuy account.
- Go to the selling tab in the "My bidorbuy" section.
- At the bottom right hand side of the page look for the "Sale Not Complete" section.
- Click on the "File SNC alerts" link. ( Only items that are eligible for an SNC will show in this section).
- File the SNC on the applicable item.
- If you want to cancel an order with multiple items you need to file the SNC on each individual item in the order.
Fees credited for a successful SNC request:
When an SNC credit is processed bidorbuy will credit your bidorbuy account with the success fee for the specific item. If the SNC is for the entire order then bidorbuy will credit the success fees for each item in the order as well as the final order value fee if applicable to the order.