A payment method is the method by which you pay the seller for the item and for the shipping. Payment methods are determined by the seller. It is important for buyers to check which payment methods the seller offers before placing a bid or buying an item. Payment methods a seller offers are listed in the Shipping & Payment tab of every item listing.
Payment Option Definitions:
- bobPay EFT or internet banking is an electronic payment. If a seller offers bobPay EFT as a payment method but you do not have internet banking, you can still pay by making a direct deposit or cash deposit into the bobPay account. You will need to complete the order online in order to get the banking details and unique reference number.
- bobPay Credit card. The buyer will be directed to a secure credit card payment page, denoted by a "https" secure link.
- International transfers are also offered by some sellers to international buyers (usually wire transfer or SWIFT). Since international transfers involve banks talking to each other across national frontiers, this is usually a lengthy process and as a rule an expensive exercise. There may be banking charges, on either side of the border, for the buyer's account. The seller will need to send you the relevant account details.
- PayPal. If a seller offers PayPal as a payment option, bidorbuy will guide the buyer through the payment process on PayPal and attempt to record completed PayPal payments against the order on the bidorbuy system. Note, however, that PayPal does not offer South African rands as a currency. The seller will select one of the foreign PayPal currencies in which to receive payment. At the time of payment bidorbuy will convert the total payment amount from rands to the chosen currency using the latest exchange rate from www.xe.com. PayPal is generally only offered by sellers who have a PayPal account (these sellers are usually based overseas or have a PayPal accounts locally with FNB).
- Many bidorbuy sellers also offer these payment methods: bitcoin, bobBucks, Discovery Miles, Mobicred, SnapScan, Zapper, and SCode.
Buyers should always exercise caution when making payment via the wire transfer methods or directly into a seller's account. Please note that only specific payment methods qualify for Buyer Protection Programme.