An Online Store You Can Truly Call Your Own
Posted by bidorbuy Admin, Last modified by on 12 March 2012 04:28 PM
Thinking about becoming a bidorbuy store?
bidorbuy Stores provide small-medium sized businesses with a low-cost and highly effective way to increase sales. With the increased promotion you can capitalise on access to South Africa's thriving online marketplace.
About bidorbuy Stores
bidorbuy Stores are a low cost way for a small business or companies to break into e-commerce. For a low monthly subscription fee, you can make your products available to a huge audience at a fraction of the cost of developing and promoting your own website. If you are interested in setting up your own bidorbuy store, please read the following information.
8 easy steps to becoming a store
- Step 1. Learn about selling on bidorbuy and get familiar with how online auctions can help your business.
- Step 2. Sell some items on bidorbuy. 50 positive ratings from buyers are a minimum requirement.
- Step 3. Talk to one of our customer service representatives. We will work with you to understand your requirements.
- Step 4. Sign a contract with us.
- Step 5. Provide us with your company information, logo and relevant information for your store.
- Step 6. We help build your bidorbuy Store.
- Step 7. Load your products.
- Step 8. Start selling!
Set up your store
Would you like to get started with your own bidorbuy store? Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Terms and Conditions
- Stores must adhere to the standard bidorbuy Terms and Conditions. The terms and conditions are subject to change. You are expected to keep up-to-date with any changes.
- Stores must maintain a minimum of 10 concurrent listings.
- Stores must have a commitment to sell through bidorbuy. It is not permitted to provide buyers incentives to buy outside of the bidorbuy process.
- Stores must not make efforts to solicit direct sales through their own website, email or other channels outside the bidorbuy process.
- You must be familiar with selling on bidorbuy, having a minimum of 50 positive ratings from buyers. bidorbuy, in its sole discretion, may decide to waive this.
- Your feedback rating must be 98% positive or higher at all times. Should your ratings drop below the set limit bidorbuy reserves the right to remove your store profile.
- You need to provide a minimum 30-day warranty on sales and have a commitment to customer service and mediation of any disputes.
- You must offer bobPay as a payment option. Depending on the store type, you might be required to offer bobPay credit card together with bobPay EFT.
- Store fees are to be paid in advance on your bidorbuy account.
- You must maintain a consistent product range. Changes to the type of products you are listing must be declared to us in advance.
- In order to keep your status as a bidorbuy store, it must generate an average of R1,000.00 in success fees each month. Please see the bidorbuy success fees rate card. This represents monthly merchandise sales of R20,000 - R30,000 per month.
- Stores are not permitted to operate person-to-person selling functionality on their own websites.
- bidorbuy reserves the right to remove stores that breach the terms and conditions with 5 business days notice in writing.
- Non payment of any fees will result in your store being downgraded to normal selling status and that bidorbuy, in its sole discretion, may decide to re-enable your account for Store status once payment has been received.
- A nominated individual must be responsible for all activities of your store.
- You must comply with the Consumer Protection Act and all other relevant South African laws.